On 22/03/10 21:35, Mats Lindberg wrote:

I've tried to get my freebsd diskless system to get hold of some of the
dhcp-options.
E.g. my dhcp-server will always be the nfs-server as well. So I was hoping
to create the /etc/fstab with the the dhcpd's ip as the nfs server.
Thus not needing to have the hard coded nfsroot:/conf/'ip-address'/etc.
Instead i'm looking for having almost all necessary files in the
nfsroot:/conf/base/etc directory.

you only need /conf/'ip-address' if you need different configurations for different clients. The ip-address is that of the diskless client, not the server.

I've tried to set ifconfig_ETHDEV="DHCP" in /etc/rc.conf and creating a
bourne shell script /etc/dhclient_enter_hooks, but as far as I can detect
the script is never run.

I guess since the kernel already got the ip-address during pxeboot it does
not care about renewing the ip-address, or??

No, when the client detects it is a diskless client, /etc/rc.initdiskless is executed. See documentation in that file. Anyway, iirc you can find the dhcp options with kenv(1).

BR, Erik

--
Erik Nørgaard
Ph: +34.666334818/+34.915211157                  http://www.locolomo.org