On Sat 10 Apr 2010 at 16:14:36 PDT David Newman wrote:
On 4/10/10 3:08 PM, Chris Whitehouse wrote:
Roland Smith wrote:
On Fri, Apr 09, 2010 at 09:34:59PM -0800, jt wrote:

I've been doing searches for online schools that teach FreeBSD. I've
been
trying to learn on an off for years but when it starts getting
complicated,
I get stuck. The handbook don't do allot of good.

You can download the book "The Complete FreeBSD" from
http://www.lemis.com/grog/Documentation/CFBSD/

There is also Absolute FreeBSD
http://www.absolutefreebsd.com/
Only available for purchase though.

+1

I've found this and other books by Mr. Lucas to be informative,
accessible and even entertaining, well worth their price.

Yes, I agree.

Another good book is Dru Lavigne's _The Best of FreeBSD Basics_.

I also like Dru's earlier book _BSD Hacks_.

It's not BSD-specific, but the _Unix Power Tools_ book from O'Reilly is
packed with lots of interesting tidbits.