On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 08:16:27PM +0200, Balázs Mátéffy wrote:
> On linux there is cedega, but cedega won't be ported to FreeBSD there was an
> old abandoned project to do it, but it died ;\.
Cedega is just polished wine with changed default settings for some
games. E.g. it's based on wine codebase + user-solutions from
appdb.winehq.org and nothing more, as i know.

> Your best bet is wine, but don't expect sky high fps rates, and fireworks,
> FreeBSD is not for gaming...ATM :D.
It is, but not for all the games. On my machine, with nvidia, i've
played wc3, wow, hitman, savage2, mount & blade and some other games
smoothly with pretty high fps.  Don't know if fps of that games on
windows was higher.
I've played on my nvidia workstation (8400gs) Actually, the only
tricky thing about games - installing wine on amd64, everything other
 works just as good as it does in linux.

--
Wbr,
Krutov Mikle