On Fri, 30 Apr 2010, Roland Smith wrote:
On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 03:09:02PM -0600, Warren Block wrote:

One other difference I found in my /etc/devfs.rules:

add path 'ugen*' mode 0660 group operator
add path 'usb/*' mode 0770 group operator

Mode 0660 should be sufficient.

Just tried, and you're right, it is.

Just make sure there is a newline at the end of the last rule! Otherwise the shell script that processes them will not see them.

Seems like it ought to append a newline to devfs.rules before processing to avoid that type of surprise.