On Wed, 5 May 2010, Fbsd1 wrote:

BSDSTATS is dead. Don't waste your time.

Not dead, still very active with reports in daily ...

I am a retired American who is now living in the Philippines. All during RELEASE 7.0, 7.1, 7.2, and now 8.0 I have been running the bsdstats port on my single system. Yesterday I checked the http://bsdstats.org website by country and to my great surprise there are no Freebsd systems listed in the Philippines. Also the previous months reports are no longer shown on the website and the port stats don't show at all. This is not the results talked about on this list when the bsdstats project was trying to get Freebsd participation 3 years ago.

Most odd ... what is in your /var/db/bsdstats file ... ? I've had no reports of problems in many months now ...

What good is participation if there are no real-time results.

The results are realtime ... generated directly out of the database ...

I removed bsdstats from my system and the port should be removed from the ports system. I also emailed Marc G. Fournier <scra...@hub.org> the author and never received a reply. That is the best sign that bsdstats is dead.

Huh?  I don't recall any emails about issues that I've not answered :(

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scra...@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scra...@hub.org