>>> Is there a simple software to share files between a FreeBSD server and a
>>> windows client other than Samba which is a bit overkill for my needings,

I concur with the advice to use Samba, but if that's too scary, you
can just use FTP.  Recent versions of Windows let you define a network
location that is an FTP server, and it works well enough to show the
files in a pseudo-folder and drag them back and forth to local
folders.  On Windows, it's a poorly documented option under map
network drive.

Or real men run COMMAND.CMO and run FTP from the command line.

R's,
John