Hello!

I find that due to recent bumps in jpeg and png library versions I need to rebuild the gd extension of PHP 5.2 on a server which currently has php5-5.2.9 port and a lot of php5-<extension>-5.2.9 extension ports installed. In the past, when I've been in a situation like this, I have always rebuilt php itself and all the extensions, but frankly, it's quite a lot of work because of all the dependencies and so on.

Is it possible to rebuild just the php52-gd extension to a newer version of php52-gd-5.2.13 and have it working with existing php5-5.2.9 and all the existing extensions, or would it be asking for trouble?

--
Toomas Aas