I've got two FreeBSD boxes on my home network. They are both assigned local IP addresses through DHCP.

I've just installed Apache on both of them tonight, and I can access one machine just fine using its local IP address. (192.168....) The other, I can telnet to port 80 on it using:

$ telnet localhost 80
Trying ::1..
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'

But if I try using its IP address, even the loopback, the connection is refused:

$ telnet 127.0.0.1 80
Trying 127.0.0.1...
telnet: connect to address 127.0.0.1: Connection refused
telnet: unable to connect to remote host

I've set up the /etc/hosts file on each to reflect 127.0.0.1 as the domain names for each computer. I tried a bunch of things with the ServerName directive before restoring the Apache defaults there when nothing worked.

Any ideas?

Thanks so much,
Ian Larsen