On Sun 16 May 2010 at 08:42:44 PDT Dan Naumov wrote:

Just a thought/question that has recently come to my mind: How long do
you usually wait until upgrading to a newer release of FreeBSD?

My machines are all for personal use only, and it wouldn't be a
disaster if any of them went down for an extended period.  So I
don't hesitate to upgrade to new releases as soon as they appear.

I'm currently running 8.0-STABLE and update it every week or so.  The
portstree is updated daily.

If my income depended on these machines, I'd probably be more cautious.