I am periodically backing up a bunch of files to DVD.  I use mkisofs to create
the original image and growisofs to write it to a real DVD.  However, at that
point I want to verify that the write was successful.  I tried using dd to read
back in the DVD to a file.  Its interesting that the bs parameter must be at
least 2048 or dd complains about a parameter error.  However, the big issues is
that the original image file is shorter than the read file.  The difference is
10240  bytes.  This difference is the same for bs 2048, 10240, or 102400.  It
appears that dd is adding one last block.  Is there a way to prevent this or