I've written a few "howto"'s on backup/restore/cloning in the past, but
now I have a question that I hope to have quickly answered.

I'm not looking for criticism on my approach, only on whether it will
work. With that said, I'll lay out my scenario and my questions.

Scenario:

- live web server (300 domains), shut the box down and booted up a copy
of the system on new hardware

- changed the normal system items (nic, fstab etc)

- new box is running fine under old system, but I need to transfer the
old system data (all of it...*all* data) to the new disk sub-structure

- new box has RAID card, but not compatible w/FBSD

- new box has had RAID card disabled, so new disks show up as standard
adX drives

Questions:

- while running the 'new' box under the 'old' system, can I:
--- atacontrol create RAID1 ad4 ad6
--- fdisk
--- label: to items under /mnt, as to prepare for copy

- stop all services (or go into single-user), and dump each slice from
orig to new

...if so, please advise of the dump command that I'd be using.

Normally I'd use rsync, but this situation can sustain some downtime to
ensure a complete and utter mirror.

Steve