Chuck Swiger írta:
Hi--

On May 28, 2010, at 4:42 AM, Laszlo Nagy wrote:
If I put this into root's crontab

* * * * * echo "TEST"

then I see this in the maillog:

May 14 10:53:00 server postfix/sendmail[2958]: fatal: user(1001): No recipient
addresses found in message header

These do not correspond.
I can assure you, that the maillog DOES correspond to the cron job. E.g. if I add two jobs for the same point in time, then two new lines will appear in the maillog, at exactly the given time. If I remove them, then no line will show up etc.

It seems to think that the crontab is for uid 1001, but it can't seem to lookup
a passwd entry for that uid:

log_it: (tmp.27734 92380) ORPHAN (no passwd entry)

Well, actually it is not just user=1001. Many users have crontabs on this system. I cannot tell which one is orphaned. (Maybe munin? That was removed recently from the system...) Actually, user 1001 does have a password entry. So do others, and their crontabs are working. Programs are started by cron, but their output is lost.