Polytropon wrote:
On Sun, 30 May 2010 11:36:31 +0800, Fbsd1 <fb...@a1poweruser.com> wrote:
Been using ee and been happy.

Now I have need for an editor with block commands.
Put dd on the first line of sequence number you want to start deleting and dd
on the
last line of the block and hit enter and the block of lines are deleted.
OR
Put cc on first line and cc on last line of black to copy and enter "I" on line
where
you want the copied block to be inserted after.
Also same for mm meaning move block.

Is there any editors with a function like this?

Hmmm... block commands are a big strength of joe (Joe's own
editor). Start block with ^KB, end block with ^KK. Blocks
can be copied with ^KC, moved with ^KM and deleted with
^KY. ^KH and "man joe" for more details.

Another solution is mcedit, the editor that comes with the
Midnight Commander. Press PF3 on block start, move to block
end, press PF3, the block will be selected. Press PF8 to
delete it.

And a third suggestion: the (The Hessling Editor), a very
powerful editor, allthough "a bit strange" to learn. If
you already have an ISPF/PDF background, this editor will
be for you.

I installed pkg_add -r the
entering "the" on the command line produces something that is far removed from ispf/pdf. manpage and website documentation for "the" really sucks. Think I need to create a default profile that activates ispf but have found no instructions on how to do it. Can not find "the" profile on my system.

more help please.