On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 3:49 AM, Jonathan McKeown <j.mcke...@ru.ac.za> wrote:
> On Sunday 30 May 2010 22:29:14 Alejandro Imass wrote:
>> Hi all,

[..]

> Yes. There's a hosting company called MidPhase whose support queue (at
> mpcustomer.com) has been added (probably maliciously by some kiddie that
> thinks it's clever) to the mailing list.
>
> They appear either not to know how to stop their ticketing system responding
> to list emails, or not to care. Either way, it's not a great advertisement
> for them, as this has been going on for several weeks now with no
> improvement.

Thanks!

So nobody has any comment on USB drive causing the whole system to
halt? Since the rsync was quite long and we've been having some power
failures I put the external drives in the UPS and it had no failures
over the weekend and finished fine. So the issue here is that is an
external USB drive in UFS + Journaling fails the whole system crashes.
I don't think this should be so and osmeone should look into that.

Should I report a bug? Is there enough information to actually post a
bug? Does anyone here feel this is a bug, or is it expected behaviour?

Best,
Alejandro Imass