On 2010.06.03 18:35, Fbsd1 wrote:
> Walt Pawley wrote:
>> On Sun, 30 May 2010, Fbsd1 wrote:
>>
>>> Been using ee and been happy.
>>>
>>> Now I have need for an editor with block commands.
>>
>> I'd suggest looking into aee.
>

> That has what I am looking and so simple.

Simple is in the eye of the beholder.

Also, simple isn't always the best solution.

afair, you (FBSD1) (it'd be nice if you'd use your real name), are
wanting to move from `ee' to a new editor.

I'm almost certain that this was a question that I've asked here before.
Moving from ee to a real editor. Search my name in the archives.

Personally, I chose vim. I found that the 'vimtutor' was phenomenal, and
I only had to spend one work day making notes for myself on paper to
mentally remember the important commands.

The mailing list is *very* good and *very* active, but again, the
tutorial is excellent. Not only that, the :help system in vim contains
ALL of the documentation for itself.

All in all, I tried emacs, and I'm a bit used to it, but vim stuck. I am
so used to the key commands now that I oftentimes use them in editors
that I shouldn't ;)

I won't go on about how flexible the config is, because I'm certain all
of the other editors can do all sorts of special tricks (particularly
when coding) too.

iTry vim.
ii:wq

Steve