Ross Penner wrote:
I'm trying to update my system and when I run cvsup, the connection
repeatedly has problems (TreeList failed: Network write failure:
Connection closed). I'm wondering if anybody can suggest any other
method to grab the current source files?

Thanks for any ideas

It has been my experience that when a new RELEASE cycle starts, Like right now with 8.1, the ftp servers get a real workout. Having difficulties making it through a complete download successfully in one try is very unlikely.

Using ftp with a .netrc file to restart the download where it left off is better than restarting over from the start. Read this url all the way to the end where the restart is explained.

http://www.daemonforums.org/showthread.php?t=4212