On Mon, 7 Jun 2010, Chip Camden wrote:

[...] I do have clients who send me Word docs, and one who requires that I send them specs in Word format. For that, I guess I'm stuck using some behemoth office tool, if only for converting from a different format. I'm currently doing that work on a Windows workstation, but I'd like to limit my involvement with Windows to only developing for it when I must.

I have clients like that too. What I've done - only once or twice, and really just to be a dick - is to do my writeup in ASCII text, then `mv foo foo.doc`. There, it's in word format! And Word really can open the file, so...

--
Chris Hill               ch...@monochrome.org
**                     [ Busy Expunging <|> ]