a few days ago i got my webserver working.. late last night i
found the following error on my http://www.thought.org page:

Warning: date() [function.date]: It is not safe to rely on the
system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the
date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set()
function. In case you used any of those methods and you are
still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the
timezone identifier. We selected 'America/Los_Angeles' for
'PDT/-7.0/DST' instead in
/usr/local/www/apache22/data/randmeditations.php on line 6

  as an example of my use of "date() is

  $hour = date("H");

can anybody 'splain what suddenly went wrong with my two-year-old
php script?

gary

ps: FWIW: I am pulling this part from my home page today.  i
figure every 18-30 months pages need updating.  but would shore
like to know wha' happened....

--
 Gary Kline  kl...@thought.org  http://www.thought.org  Public Service Unix
    The 7.83a release of Jottings: http://jottings.thought.org/index.php