On Mon, 14 Jun 2010, Matthew Seaman wrote:

On 14/06/2010 13:21:40, Carmel wrote:
I am/was attempting to search the archive located at:
http://lists.freebsd.org/pipermail/freebsd-questions/

Unfortunately, I am continually greeted with this error message:

  [ error message deleted ]

Works for me.  Try again.  If you still see the problem, it's possible
your browser has cached the error page and isn't really going back to
the site at all.  Try quitting and restarting your browser.

Interesting.  Archive search hasn't worked for me for weeks,
with the same 500 error returned.

Not a cache issue; clearing/restarting has no effect, and I have
seen the issue on several machines/browsers (FBSD/links, Mac/Firefox,
Mac/Safari).  I'm wondering about firewall/proxy -- I'll give it
a whirl when off-site later today.

A.