On 6/14/10 6:21 PM, Derek Funk wrote:
On 6/13/2010 7:12 PM, Glen Barber wrote:
Hi Derek,

On 6/13/10 10:51 AM, Derek Funk wrote:
I have setup PCBSD and a Standard Freebsd with gui. and kbunto. They do
not close X completely. I get a flashing screen.
I can still type commands while the screen flashes. I have done a google
search but nothing seems to match my problem.

I installed opensolaris and it doesn't do this but I want bsd.

I have a Toshiba Satellite laptop that has intel mobile graphics. Is
this something with the intel graphics driver or an installed software
conflict.

Does it sound similar to this issue?

http://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/xorg/2009-August/046958.html

Regards,

Yea, that is mostly what I am experiencing. I followed the thread and
didn't see a resolution.

Last I used that laptop, there still was no resolution. The only thing I could find to prevent it from happening in the first place is to not use xscreensaver, xrander, etc. Once I disabled those apps, the flashing console went away.

I did find that 'startx' from the flashing console, and immediately closing X would drop me back to a normal, visible console.

Regards,

--
Glen Barber