Hi,

On 6/15/10 7:15 AM, Giorgos Tsiapaliokas wrote:
hello,

my system has 2 users the user "terietor" and the root user.

after a failed upgrade of my system with portmaster,i can't login as root
but i can login as terietor.
root was using the csh shell and terietor was using the bash shell.

Are you sure you don't have this backwards?

portmaster should not touch /bin/csh, since it is not a port - it is part of the base system. However, if root's shell is set to bash and portmaster blew up upgrading that port, this would prevent you from logging in as root, and is a good example of why not to change root's default shell to something not in the base install.

If this is the case, and you have physical access to the machine, drop into single-user mode and use chsh(1) to reset root's shell to /bin/csh.

Regards,

--
Glen Barber