On Tue 15 Jun 2010 at 15:11:47 PDT Programmer in Training wrote:

"Don't install it." isn't a valid option.

Sure it is.  The fact that it's an option you don't want to accept
doesn't make it invalid.

I also take issue with the "well use a supported OS" schtick. I will
tell Adobe to provide a FreeBSD-native release, though it would be nice
to know I won't be the only one. I'm actually going right now to do so.
Who's with me?

Actually, you're starting down a well-trodden path.  Many people have
already asked Adobe for a FreeBSD-native release, and Adobe has never
seen fit to do so.  The FreeBSD desktop market is apparently too small
to make it worth their while.  That's a perfectly valid position for
them to take, no matter how much we might dislike it.

And "Use a supported OS if you want Flash" isn't a schtick.  It's
eminently practical advice, from people who have tried but don't see any
way the situation on FreeBSD is likely to change.