As much as I am now a no-user of "Flash", allow me the
following comments.

On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 15:49:56 -0600, Programmer in Training
> Almost all Internet video
> has moved to flash as well (such as all the sermons on sermons.net
> which my church uses).

That's all within transition. Currently, big video portals are
moving to HTML5, often including the wish to also use free and
open standards for their videos so they can access a bigger
audience. Keeping things in "Flash" is a no-go. A main problem
of "Flash" is that is isn't compatible with the upcoming trend
to move to portable devices. Only HTML5 and compliant browsers
will be present on those platforms, and those who keep their
sites in "Flash" will be out of scope soon.

HTML5 will be the future; "Flash" already is the past. Soon,
it won't be important anymore. Conforming to standards will
be the key to all those new platforms that customers are
interested in.

> Flash is buggy, I'll give you that, but "Don't
> install it." is not an option for a lot of people.

I had been using "Flash" in the past (on FreeBSD). It was so
annoying that I finally completely removed it. It has become
*the* choice of "professional web developers" to make their
sites unusable and finally unaccessible, as well as a big
annoyance of users, primarily due to its sheer overuse for
advertising purposes.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany