On 6/24/10 10:02 PM, Glen Barber wrote:
On 6/24/10 9:49 PM, Fbsd1 wrote:
Glen Barber wrote:

Using the above FTP URL, PKG_PATH will look for

ftp://ftp.cn.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/i386/packages-8.0-release/Latest/

Regards,

No I am not looking for the remote path to fetch the package
distribution file from. When doing pkg_add -Kr pkgname
will save the downloaded distribution pkg file.
My question is where is this file saved at on my host by default.
/usr/packages maybe????

/usr/ports/packages, assuming it exists. If not, it will save to the
port directory.

Actually, to quote pkg_add(1):
     -K, --keep
Keep any downloaded package in PKGDIR if it is defined or in current directory by default.

Therefore, if PKGDIR is not defined, it should use $PWD.

PKGDIR and PKG_PATH are two entirely different environment variables.

Regards,

--
Glen Barber