Hi,

On 6/30/10 8:00 PM, Mr. Darren wrote:
Though this will not be the focus of my question.  Lots of ports are being
created for FreeBSD and none submitted.  I don't know why.

My problem arises when trying to install one of these which is put together
quite well.  pkg_add -r http://site/something.tbz, or pkg_add something.tbz
doesn't work for the dependencies.  So how do I tell pkg_add to fetch the first
pkg from one site and the rest from the main sites?  It is available in source
but the system is void of pkg's at the moment and with the 1ghz processor and
512mb ram could take quite a while.  And the funny part is it will work
perfectly if I just place it in ports/multimedia.

Assuming the site structure is the same as the FreeBSD ftp structure, as it would be if the remote site is using Tinderbox, you can set the PACKAGESITE and PKG_PATH environment variables.

If using csh:
        setenv PACKAGESITE http://site/All/
        setenv PKG_PATH http://site/Latest/

If using sh/bash: