Hello everyone,

I have been using FreeBSD since 4.x for web related applications (php, Apache,
PostgreSQL, Postfix, Cyrus IMAP, etc.), and while I am not an expert, I feel
quite comfortable.

Lately I find myself in situations where I have I have to take care of legacy
Oracle (10g on Windows) and Interbase (6 on Linux) databases and sometimes
legacy OS which need to be run for some time in a virtual machine, and I have
difficulties to accomplish this with FreeBSD - no Oracle port, no Interbase
port and only VirtualBox support, which is a bit unclear to me.

What is the recommended parallel way for a person, who feels comfortable with
FreeBSD, when FreeBSD cannot do the job? - i. e. is it a good idea to go
towards Solaris, instead of Linux? Or rather go towards some sort of Linux?

Thank you,