On 7/22/10 6:51 PM, Ed Flecko wrote:
Thanks Glen.

:-)

I'm not clear how I get the 'make config' to show the configuration
screen or the 'make install' to compile and install???

Depending on what you've previously done in the www/apache22 directory, a configuration may already exist. 'make showconfig' will tell you. If so, you can run 'make rmconfig' in the apache22 port directory, and a subsequent 'make config' will display the configuration screen. (Actually, I believe www/apache22 does this automatically if a configuration doesn't already exist.)

That might allow me to install Apache (with a limited number of
modules) like I want, but I don't understand what you're suggesting.

The config screen will allow you to select/deselect various build-time options, such as DAV, AUTH_BASIC, etc.

Also, do you know for sure that compiling from source and specifying
the install target (i.e., ./configure --prefix=/PathToJail
--enable-ssl...etc., etc., etc???) won't work?

It will work, sure, but make(1) and the port Makefile does this for you.

Thank you again!

You're welcome.

Regards,

--