On Fri, 23 Jul 2010 15:44:27 -0300 (ADT), "A. Wright" <and...@qemg.org> wrote:

> On Fri, 23 Jul 2010, Polytropon wrote:
>
> > Is there a way to easily determine the terminal output size at
> > program startup so the program can be preconfigured for certain
> > screen sizes, and even refuse to run if it's less than 80x25?
>
> The "curses" library will do this.  The variables LINES and COLS
> will tell you what you want.

Cool - I planned to use (n)curses anyway. But one question remains:
Is there an "interrupt line" (or something functionally similar,
a flag or whatever) that will give the chance for a notification
if LINES or COLS has recently changed, e. g. through a window
size modification?

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany