On 07/24/10 22:29, Antonio Olivares wrote:
Thank you Roland, I will download 8.1 Release and attempt it.  Thanks
your for your advice and for the howto :)

Regards,

Antonio
Take a look at ports-mgmt/portshaker-config :)

Portshaker is basically a tool which allows you to merge multiple ports-trees into one. With portshaker-config you can enable the texlive part of the portstree. Allthough it mentions it is still experimental I have been using this setup for quite some time now and did not encounter any problems, allthough portupgrade had some problems updating everything correctly from texlive2008 to 2009.

Regards,

--

- Frank