Jon Radel wrote:
On 7/28/10 2:28 PM, Mike Ginsburg wrote:

So I have pg 8.4.3 installed, with a database set to EST5EDT time zone.

When I run "SELECT NOW()" I get
07/28/2010 14:27:07.767286 EDT

showing that the timezone is properly set up.

When I then try to add an interval to a statically entered time stamp, it gets all strange: SELECT '01/03/2011 16:00:00-04'::timestamp with time zone + '-1 hour'::interval;
01/03/2011 14:00:00 EST

Any idea why the adding of the interval is converting the result into EST instead of EDT?
Because Daylight Saving Time will be over by 1/3/2011? Does it still happen if you use a
statically entered time stamp that's during Daylight Saving?
Well now I just feel dumb. Using the same query, but within daylight savings produces the expected result. Thanks for the help.

Mike Ginsburg
Collaborative Fusion, Inc.
mginsb...@collaborativefusion.com