----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Larkin" <glar...@freebsd.org>
To: "Grant Peel" <gp...@thenetnow.com>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2010 11:53 AM
Subject: Re: Why am I getting mail rejects?

Grant Peel wrote:
----- Original Message ----- From: "Greg Larkin" <glar...@freebsd.org>
To: "Grant Peel" <gp...@thenetnow.com>
Cc: <freebsd-questions@freebsd.org>
Sent: Tuesday, July 27, 2010 8:40 PM

Grant Peel wrote:
Hi everyone,

I asked this a few days ago, and did not get a response.

I have this in my /etc/periodic.conf:

constellation# more periodic.conf
# 460.status-mail-rejects
daily_status_mail_rejects_enable="NO"                  # Check mail
rejects
daily_status_mail_rejects_logs=0 # How many logs
to check
daily_status_mail_rejects_shorten="NO" # Shorten output

And have chnaged this in my /etc/defaults/periodic.conf:

# 460.status-mail-rejects
daily_status_mail_rejects_enable="NO"                   # Check mail
rejects
daily_status_mail_rejects_logs=3                        # How many
logs to
check
daily_status_mail_rejects_shorten="NO" # Shorten output

And am still getting all the reject mail data showing in my daily
periodic
output.

I am using FreeBSD 8.0 p#3
The mta is Exim 4.69_4 built from ports.

What am I doing incorrectly? Why am I still getting all the mail
reject log
lines in my daily periodic output?

-Grant

Hi Grant,

Please capture the output of the following command and post it somewhere
for viewing.  This will display all of the shell commands executed by
the periodic script, and it may help someone here troubleshoot the
problem.

sh -x /etc/periodic/daily/460.status-mail-rejects

Regards,
Greg

Greg, Here is the output you suggested. (I have a /etc/periodic.conf,
but not /etc/periodic.conf.local).

[...]

Hi Grant,

I presume that you saw the response from Daniel Bye
(http://forum.nginx.org/read.php?23,113669,113860#msg-113860)?  Since
you have exim installed, it has its own version of the script, and you
have to set its variables in /etc/rc.conf instead (defaults here):

exim_status_mail_rejects_enable="YES"
exim_status_mail_rejects_logs=2
exim_rejectlog="/var/log/exim/rejectlog"

Hope that helps,
Greg
- --
Greg Larkin

http://www.FreeBSD.org/           - The Power To Serve
http://www.sourcehosting.net/     - Ready. Set. Code.
http://twitter.com/sourcehosting/ - Follow me, follow you

I missed roberts reply, sorry, burried in my inbox. I have added the line and am sure it will work.

Thanks all!

-Grant