me <gurpreet...@gmail.com> writes:

> Hi,
>
> Upon doing sudo <some-command> as a normal user (non-root), sudo asks for
> password only once, subsequent invocations of sudo doesn't ask for password
> - even though I do sudo -k or sudo -K in between.
> Although sudo starts asking for password after the time stamp expiry.
>
> in other words:
>
> % sudo mkdir /newdir
> <sudo asks for password authentication, creates the directory after
> successful authentication>
>
> % sudo -k
>
> % sudo -K
>
> % sudo mkdir /another_new_dir
> <sudo don't ask for password authentication, and creates the directory>
>
> In sudoers file, NOPASSWD is NOT set.
> here is my sudeors file: http://pastebin.com/WFnXCLE1
>
> Output of "uname -a":
> FreeBSD foo.bar 8.1-RELEASE FreeBSD 8.1-RELEASE #0: Mon Jul 19 02:55:53 UTC
> 2010
> r...@almeida.cse.buffalo.edu:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/GENERIC i386
>
> Is this known bug? If not, then it might have security implications.

It certainly might, for anyone using the -[kK] options.

However, I can't reproduce it.  Works as advertised when I try your
example.  The only settings in my sudoers file are
        "timestamp_timeout=90,insults,!tty_tickets,!env_reset"
(for my own account only).

And your sudoers file seems to be factory standard.

I don't think sudo even knows about pam(3), so I'm not sure what could
be happening here...