On 2010-08-02 10:49, Jon Theil Nielsen wrote:
> 2010/8/2 Jon Theil Nielsen <jonth...@gmail.com>
>
>> Hi list
>>
>> After upgrading perl according to UPDATING, I cannot use mrtg anymore. The
>> error message is:
>>
>> Bareword "P_DETACH" not allowed while "strict subs" in use at
>> /usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.12.1/MRTG_lib.pm line 1172.
>> Compilation failed in require at /usr/local/bin/mrtg line 89.
>> BEGIN failed--compilation aborted at /usr/local/bin/mrtg line 89.
>>
>> I filled a PR on this but haven't seen any answers/solutions:
>> http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=148914
>>
>> Am I the only one having this problem?
>>
>> If the port needs upgrading (as suggested in my PR), but this does not
>> happen, how can I fix it myself?
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Jon
>> --
>> Jon Theil Nielsen
>>

> Hi again,
>
> Hope I'm not beeing a pain...
>
> But I wolud really like to hearing from *anyone* who has upgradeded perl and
> has mrtg installed. Even if is working whtout problems. So, at least, I know
> that I have to look for a specific problem on my own server.
> I forgot to mention that I'm running 8.1 Stable.
>
> Cheers,
> Jon

Hi Jon. You're not alone. :-)

I ran into the same issue and it has also been reported on Gentoo (which
I use too). The solution is mrtg 2.16.4 and until the ports tree is
updated there's a patch here you can apply manually which worked for me:
http://www.freebsd.org/cgi/query-pr.cgi?pr=ports/149016

Regards
Morgan