On 03/08/2010 11:46, Albin Vega wrote:
> Hello
>
> Have installed Bacula 5.0.0.1 (with MySQL) on a FreeBSD 8.0 platform.

You should update to 5.0.2 as that fixes some annoying bugs.  5.0.2 is
what is currently available in ports -- just update your ports tree as
described in the handbook.

> When I try to start bconsole i get the following message:
>
> Connecting to Director localhost:9101
> Director authorization problem.
> Most likely the passwords do not agree.
> If you are using TLS, there may have been a certificate validation error
> during the TLS handshake.
> Please see
> http://www.bacula.org/en/rel-manual/Bacula_Freque_Asked_Questi.html#SECTION003760000000000000000for
> help.

The password string in bconsole.conf ---

Director {
  Name     = your.host.name-dir
  DIRport  = 9101
  address  = your-host-address
  Password = "*****Long-string-of-gibberish*****"   <<<----****
}

Should match the password string in bacula-dir.conf's Director section ---

Director {
    Name = your.host.name-dir
    DIRport = 9101
    QueryFile = "/usr/local/share/bacula/query.sql"
    WorkingDirectory = "/var/db/bacula"
    PidDirectory = "/var/run"
    Maximum Concurrent Jobs = 20
    Password = "*****Long-string-of-gibberish*****" <<<----****