Op 3-8-2010 14:35, Ruben de Groot schreef:
On Tue, Aug 03, 2010 at 12:22:33PM +0200, Alex de Kruijff typed:

I've enabled debugging in Windows Domain using:
http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;221833

I find it strange that it first tries \\%L\profiles\testers. This is the
log.

USERENV(2ec.2f0) 12:08:35:468 LoadUserProfile: Entering, hToken =

<0x960>, lpProfileInfo = 0x6e3e0
USERENV(2ec.2f0) 12:08:35:468 LoadUserProfile:
[lot's of MS logs snipped]

I really think these kind of logs could be much better analyzed at a
samba or MS mailing list.

cheers,
Ruben

Hi,

I solved it. Without LDAP one is able to use %L, %U and %a in the logon path, but if one uses LDAP then this path is no longer processed by Samba, but instead passed literally to Windows. So far my solution is to change all LDAP entries. This also means I should name multiple servers (on different networks) with the same hostname. Its a bit more limiting the smb.conf, but it works.

Yours,
Alex