Andreas Widerĝe Andersen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> Dear list readers,
> Two days ago I cvsup'ed the latest src, compiled a new kernel and
> issued a build/installworld. My system was running 4.7 STABLE and is
> now 4.8 RC. I have one problem that I can't fingure out.
>
> After upgrading my sshd stopped working with the following message
> under boottime (also if I try to manyally start it from
> /usr/local/etc/rc.d/):
>
> # ./sshd.sh start
> /usr/libexec/ld-elf.so.1: /usr/local/sbin/sshd: Undefined symbol
> "OpenSSL_add_all_algorithms"
>
> I can't ssh to my box anymore.. and this is a big problem since this
> is a surveillance, backup, mail and www server. I have looked in
> /etc/ssh, but not found any reference to this undefined symbol.
>
> Thanks for any help!

What are the dates on ld-elf.so.1 and sshd?  Did they both get built?

What is in your make.conf?

Is there any particular reason you didn't follow the official update
instructions (build the world, *then* build the kernel, then install
the kernel, then reboot under that kernel before installing the world)?