In the last episode (Aug 11), Dick Hoogendijk said:
> Where does ZFS keeps its data *on disk* for created/exported/imported
> vdevs?
> Is /etc/zfs the only place or are there other places?
> Thanks.

I don't think there's anything in /etc/zfs apart from the NFS exports file.
The list of currently-mounted pools and their devices is stored in
/boot/zfs/zpool.cache , and I believe is only used during bootup.  vdev
information itself is stored in the zpool labels; you can view that with
"zdb -l /dev/nnn", where nnn is one of the devices your zpool is bulit on.
More info than you probably want:

http://hub.opensolaris.org/bin/download/Community+Group+zfs/docs/ondiskformat0822.pdf

--
        Dan Nelson