On Thu, 12 Aug 2010 23:02:01 +0200, Dick Hoogendijk <d...@nagual.nl> wrote:
> Thank you. I will follow RELEASE than. Also a thanks to Svein. ;-) Is
> RELEASE automaticaly set in a fresh FreeBSD install or do I need to
> change anything?

The freebsd-update program will track RELEASE-p because this is
what it can do. It won't follow STABLE because that's not possible
with this tool. :-)

The common method of "freebsd-update upgrade" (see manpage) will
then bring you to 8.1-RELEASE, I think, and will then follow the
track of 8.1-RELEASE-p1, -p2, -p3 and so on. You can additionally
request a specific release with the -r parameter.

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany