On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, Chris Hill wrote:
On Thu, 12 Aug 2010, Fred Boatwright wrote:

[snip]

I installed x11-servers/xorg-server but maybe should have installed Xorg instead. However, from looking at the pkg-descr for xorg it looks like it will install a huge amount of software that will not get used. I am reluctant to do this.
Am I going to have to install xorg to get everything needed?

It really is the simplest way to get X working, and IMHO the least painful way to install xorg is to use the package. Without installing the xorg meta-port, you'd end up installing a lot of it by hand anyway.

x11/xorg-minimal is reputed to be a lighter port. Untested by me, though.