Hi all. I'm having problems installing a printer on a new 8.1 installation. I want to do this sans CUPS and via lpd. lpd is enabled in my /etc/rc.conf. Here is my printcap:

 lp|photosmart:\
    :lp=/dev/ulpt0:\
    :af=/usr/local/share/ppd/HP/HP-PhotoSmart_7760-hpijs.ppd.gz:\
    :if=/usr/local/bin/foomatic-rip:\
    :sd=/var/spool/lpd/photosmart:\
    :sh:

Whenever I try and print, for example...lpr -Pphotosmart /etc/printcap...I get this error message: "lpr: Connection refused" Now, although I stated that I want to install the printer using lpd, CUPS is installed on the computer, but not enabled. I seem to recall that there could be a path problem with lpr if CUPS is installed and one tries to use lpd, but I've forgotten how to deal with that, if indeed that is the problem. BTW, I have included ulpt0 as a permission in my /etc/fstab file.

Any help much appreciated.

Rem