On Thu, 19 Aug 2010 08:27:30 +0800
Fbsd8 <fb...@a1poweruser.com> articulated:

> Glen Barber wrote:

> > On 8/18/10 9:55 AM, Fbsd8 wrote:
> >> I have a fat32 usb disk that gives this error when mounting with
> >> mount_msdosfs /dev/da0s1    "bad fat32 file system"
> >>
> >> Is there some way to clean or auto fix this fat32 file system so
> >> it will mount?
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > You can try fsck_msdosfs(8).  Does it mount in other OSes?
> >
> > Regards,
> >
> > - --
> > Glen Barber
>
> In XP I can access the usb hard drive and read/write all directories
> except one which gives a error.
>
> fsck_msdosfs /dev/da0   gives  error  "Invalid sector size 48764"

You could try this:

Go to a command prompt, i.e. <WIN_KEY>+<R> and type "cmd" <RETURN>
Enter: chkdsk [volume] /F /V /R /X

It might require you to reboot the system before it will run. That is
normal. You will almost certainly have to reboot after it completes
it operation.

--
Jerry ✌
freebsd.u...@seibercom.net