I have Thunderbird installed on my new 8.1 box, and although I am able to print from within the program, the only way I can do it is to type the whole print command from within the print window. In my case that means typing:

    lpr  -PPhotoshop7760

I have tried to figure a way of configuring the printer to load automatically by modifying the advanced options, but so far, no luck. The printer is installed via CUPS, and seems to be functioning perfectly. If anyone has been able to modify the options configuration setup to make printing easier I would love to see how you did it.

Cheers...

Rem