On 8/22/10 11:28 PM, Rem P Roberti wrote:
Yep, it was a typo.  OK...iwi0 is now showing up in the ifconfig
output.  I shall make the (hopefully) appropriate entries in
/etc/rc.conf and see what happens.

Good to hear.  Good luck!

Regards,

OK...here's what is happening now. I have put these entries into /etc/rc.conf:

wlans_iwi0="wlan0"
ifconfig_wlan0="WPA DHCP"

when I booted up I could see from the wireless "beacon" indicator that something was happening. But I kept getting this message:

iwi0: need multicast update callback

And when I tried to do a ping I got the dreaded...ping: cannot resolve yahoo.com: Host name lookup failure...and then all of sudden it started working and I was able to successfully ping, and connect. Is this voodoo :-) ?

---Rem