Quoth Chad Perrin on Tuesday, 24 August 2010:
> On Tue, Aug 24, 2010 at 02:04:32PM -0700, Chip Camden wrote:
> >
> > I'm not seeing that here, but I don't have a PDF that prints data in the
> > margins.  If you have one, can you email it to me?
>
> I don't think it prints to the margins, per se.
>
> I also know that it's not particular to the printer, since my
> girlfriend's laptop (running Ubuntu) prints the same PDF just fine.
>
> I'll send the specific PDF I've been trying to print lately, off-list.
>
> --
> Chad Perrin [ original content licensed OWL: http://owl.apotheon.org ]

Well, if it makes you feel any better, it does the same thing here
(truncates top and bottom).

Looks like CUPS is addressing the page as if there were no unprintable
areas on the page (i.e., it's scaled to fit an 8-1/2 x 11 piece of paper
exactly) rather than squeezing it into the printable area.  I'm afraid I
don't know enough about CUPS to say any more.

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterl...@camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips.com