On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 09:29:21 -0400, William Bulley <w...@umich.edu> wrote:
> Interestingly enough, I do have this line in my /etc/X11/xorg.conf file:
>
>    Section "InputDevice"
>       Option      "XkbOptions" "terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp"
>    EndSection
>
> But that never has seemed to work.  :-(

In case you're using HAL + DBUS, the setting now has to be coded
in XML in some arbitrary file at a decentral location buried deep
in the /usr/local subtree. According to the handbook

        5.4.2 Configuring X11
        http://www.freebsd.org/doc/handbook/x-config.html

this is /usr/local/etc/hal/fdi/policy/x11-input.fdi with

        <deviceinfo version="0.2">
          <device>
            <match key="info.capabilities" contains="input.keyboard">
              <merge key="input.x11_options.XkbOptions"
type="string">terminate:ctrl_alt_bksp</merge>
            </match>
          </device>
        </deviceinfo>

as well as /etc/X11/xorg.conf will need to be added

        Section "ServerFlags"
                Option "DontZap"   "off"
        EndSection

And the handbook also suggests a reboot (?!) to make sure HAL will
pick up the new setting. Next time, you will have to reboot in order
to make a mouse pointer position change visible. :-)

--
Polytropon
Magdeburg, Germany