Quoth Eitan Adler on Sunday, 29 August 2010:
> On Sat, Aug 28, 2010 at 10:40 PM, Kurt Buff <kurt.b...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > Portupgrade won't, AFAIK, cross branches, though I could be wrong about
> > that.
> >
> > There's a 3.0 branch in /usr/ports/www/squid30 and a 3.1 branch in
> > /usr/ports/www/squid31, and I want to make the switch to pick up a
> > feature.
> >
> > Kurt
>
> portmaster -o www/squid31 www/squid30
>

> --
> Eitan Adler

So, if I understand correctly, I could use this to upgrade from python26
to python27?  Or perl 5.8.9 to perl 5.12?  and everything that depended
on the former will be upgraded to the latter?  Can I say "sweeeeet" in
advance?  Is there a way to do that with portupgrade, or is this one of
those features that makes portmaster a better mousetrap?

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterl...@camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips.com