taxman wrote:

On Sunday 23 March 2003 11:00 am, DJ Boris wrote:

hi there,

where can I find out what USB ADSL modems are supported by freeBSD.
I am using 5.0-release and thinking of getting ADSL.
Can anyone help?

Well if they were supported, they would most likely be listed in the hardware page for your release listed on the FreeBSD homepage.

I don't think any USB ADSL modems are supported but I could be wrong. Try to get them to give you an ethernet version. Most anything that connects by ethernet would be supported. They may tell you they can't, but if you press them, they almost always have some ethernet hardware available.

I believe there is support for Alcatel SpeedTouch modems using net/pppoa from ports.

I've no experience with it however. If you ask me an ethernet interface is always better for networking tasks.

You may also be interested to know that Bruce Simpson <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> is working on a driver for the Efficent Networks SpeedStream 3060 line of xDSL PCI Cards. The driver isn't working yet but you can contact him for details about helping him test it.

Cheers.

Andrew.