On Sep 14, 2010, at 11:01 AM, Polytropon wrote:
> On Tue, 14 Sep 2010 13:32:40 -0400 (EDT), d...@safeport.com wrote:
>> I found several directories whose permissions where set to
>>
>>   dr-s--S--T   2 user group   512 Feb 22  2010 .procmail/
>>
>> All were .procmail which is what we set for procmail logging and supporting
>> recipes. In reading 'man ls' it seems (to me) this might result from losing
>> the
>> execute bit on the directory. Is this correct? Been BSDing since 1995 and
>> have
>> not seen this set of permissions. Thanks for any insights.
>
> After a short read of "man ls":
[ ... ]
> Result: User can execute SUID, group cannot execute, others cannot search
> or execute; sticky bit is set.

Except that this is a directory, not a file....  :-)

A bit of experimentation suggests that "chmod 7500 .procmail" are the
permissions involved, which are silly.  No group permissions enabled means
setgid is meaningless, and I don't see any value for using the sticky bit here,
either.  Try using 0500, 0700, or maybe 4500/4700 instead.

Regards,
--
-Chuck