On 16/09/2010 12:40:24, srividy...@tcs.com wrote:
> We have some open source code for RPC calls - DCE that has c programs and
> corresponding makefiles.
> When we tried gmake or make ( AIX make) , we were getting syntax errors.
> We found that all the makefiles had syntax that corresponds to makeutility
> of BSD?
>
> Do you have any alternative?
> Is there any BSD make utility that can be installed in AIX machine?

You could try this:

http://www.crufty.net/help/sjg/bmake.html

but I just found that after 2 seconds of searching with google and I
have no idea if it works under AIX or not.

There'd be no problem if someone wanted to take the BSD make sources and
port them to AIX, but AFAIK, no one has ever wanted to do that, or at
least, has never owned up to doing that in public that I've ever heard of.

        Cheers,

        Matthew

                                                  Flat 3
JID: matt...@infracaninophile.co.uk               Kent, CT11 9PW