Quoth Neal Hogan on Thursday, 23 September 2010:
> >On Thu, Sep 23, 2010 at 2:04 PM, Chip Camden <sterl...@camdensoftware.com>
> >wrote:
> >> Quoth Neal Hogan on Thursday, 23 September 2010:
> >>
> >> I'm not too sure what you're asking "certain window should be moved by
> >> default to specific workspaces." Since you read the man page I'm
> >> guessing you're not talking about changing which xterm is in focus.
> >> Focus moves by defualt to each new tem that you open
> >> (alt-shift-return).
> >>
> >> Maybe www.scrotwm.org will help.
> >
> > Nope.  The wiki doesn't present anything either.
> >
> > What I mean is for example when I launch Firefox, I want it to go to
> > workspace 3.  When I launch gimp, I want it on workspace 7.  I can easily
> > specify that in xmonad, using either the window class or window title.  I
> > don't want to have to move all these windows where I want them every time
> > I log in.
> >

> Ah . . . I see. I'm not aware af that being a feature in scrotwm. The
> only thing I can suggest is to join the forum and ask. Like I said,
> scrotwm actively maintained and the devs will (likely) respond
> quickly. As far as what they say, suggestions are welcome, but they
> have to be persuaded.
>
> Best of luck.
>
> -Neal

Discussion on the scrotwm forum confirms that this capability does not
exist in scrotwm.  They logged a feature request on my behalf.  That's
reason enough for me to stick with xmonad, unless a compelling
counter-argument in favor of scrotwm emerges.  So far, I haven't seen
one.

--
Sterling (Chip) Camden    | sterl...@camdensoftware.com | 2048D/3A978E4F
http://camdensoftware.com | http://chipstips.com        | http://chipsquips.com